We had our usual weekly get together with Deacon A yesterday. It went great and now the date for me to be received into the Church is set. Sunday, July 25th! WooHoo! It would be sooner but Deacon A is going to be out of town for the July 4th holiday and then Fr. R will be out of town after that. There are other priests but Fr. R is in charge and he really wants to do it. I don't mind, I really love Fr. R. In two weeks I will have my final meeting with Deacon A. We will go through a dry run of confession. At first I thought that seemed silly but I'm kind of glad we are doing it. Confession is really making me nervous so hopefully this will help to ease me a bit. The following Saturday, the 17th I will make my first confession and then the next week is the big day.
I am ridiculously excited!
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
7 months ago



That is so awesome Karen! I'm so excited!!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is so exciting!!!! You will be floating on grace when this is all said and done! I imagine you are in the clouds even now! YAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! That is so exciting--less than a month to go! I am thrilled for you.
ReplyDeleteIt will be here before you know it! That is sooo exciting!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled for you! Confession is going to be the biggest relief!
ReplyDeleteAh...so exciting!!! Are you getting confirmed, communion, confession - the whole enchilada? If so, did you pick a confirmation saint? I am love hearing about people's connections to Saints. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies. I cannot wait!
ReplyDeleteJBTC: I'm doing confession on the 17th and then communion on the 25th. Fr. Ron wrote to the Bishop and got permission to do confirmation as well but has since decided to wait and have the bishop do it so that will take place later in the year. I have not yet picked a saint. I'm thinking about St. Imelda Lambertini. I know it seems cliche seeing as she's the first communion saint, but if you read my conversion story you saw the connection. :)
HI Karen - I just looked back at this post and saw your note about the saint. I LOVE her! I actually visited her tomb when I was in Bologna, Italy on on a pilgrimage. She is so inspiring and beautiful - such a great witness to the holiness and love contained in the Eucharist. Oh my, what a great choice!!! You will be in my prayers on the 17th and 18th!!! Glory to God in the HIGHEST!
ReplyDelete