I just got off the phone with Kathy at PPVI (I love her by the way). She was calling with my progesterone results. Here is what they have been since my first test...
P+17 - 14. something (I forgot)
Two weeks Later - 15.2
Last Wednesday - 18.9
They aren't great numbers but she said they are about mid-zone 2. I'm not going to complain too much.
Here's the thing I can't figure out. At that second blood draw they also tested my CRP levels (c-reactive protein). I didn't know they would check this but apparently they do because later in pregnancy elevated levels of this can cause preterm labor. She told me normal levels are from 0.00-2.5. Well my first level was at 19.5 and last week it was at 24.5. Way way too high! She asked me several questions regarding cramping, discharge and such. She also asked if I have been sick with a cold or something similar. All to which I answered no. She said she is going to get with Dr. Hildgers today and see what he thinks. Hopefully she will be able to call me back today.
Just when I was starting to relax and not worry so much. I have no clue what to think all of this is. I'm trying not to read too much into it but Dr. Google is making me crazy. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
7 months ago



No, I have no experience with this, but I do know that it is best not to worry until the doctor tells you that you need to. Let's pray that it is just something unique and not dangerous.
ReplyDeleteMy experience with CRP levels is with newborns ~ a hospital where I used to work would check this level along with WBC (white blood cells) in babies they worried were fighting an infection ~ which is probably why the nurse was asking you if you had recently had a cold.
ReplyDeleteI will of course continue to hold you in prayer but agree that best you can try not to worry until you know if there is anything to worry about.
They tested mine along with the hcg test initially. Mine was high too, but I was very clearly fighting a head cold at the time of testing. No mention has been made of a retest.
ReplyDeleteI think they always test immediately, sounds like the retested b/c yours was high. It has to do with fightin something, so if you have had a cold or something it could come back high even though nothing to worry about. If they can't find a reason for it, then I think they will just be safert than sorry and treat it, though I don't know what the treatment is. I am sorry it is worrisome, but it is great they are so on top of it. I hope you get answers soon! Until then, try to give it over to God.
ReplyDelete