1. I have no brain cells left. NONE! Pregnancy brain is for real and I've got a bad case of it. I can't remember my name most days. I've really been slacking on the posting and the commenting lately because I just can't seem to formulate any thoughts. I'll be back in the saddles as soon as I can figure out what day it is. :)
2. I think I may have found the magic solution to nausea and vomiting! Woohoo! My doctor suggested taking a Unisom at night and a B6 in the morning. After about 3 days of doing that I am finally feeling a bit better. Not great yet but not as bad as I was. I kept everything down yesterday...that is a HUGE improvement! I mean huge!
3. I'm an emotional wreck! It's kinda funny actually. I cry at the silliest things...happy and sad...and things that aren't really either. Sometimes my ridiculous tears make me laugh because I know it's so ridiculous. I cried yesterday watching on of the players from the local football team retire. He was a great player and everything but there is no reason why I would cry. I'm more of a college football fan rather than pro. Either way stuff like that has never made me cry before. I cried this morning watching the news when they were talking about back to school. Again, I have no clue. Why would that make me cry? It's weird I tell you.
4.I'm trying to be positive. It's hard sometimes though. One minute I'm feeling total joy and excitement about this little life inside me and the next second I'm freaking out, worried that something is going to happen. It's funny because before my scare last weekend I really didn't think about miscarriage much. I knew it was a possibility, and I knew I was at high risk for it according to the Napro folks but I really didn't think about it. Deep down I just felt like everything was going to be fine. Now I feel totally different. It does consume my thoughts a lot of the time. DH tries to reassure me. He hates to see me stress about it. He reminds me all the time that God is in control. But I still struggle. He tells me all the time like he just feels like God wants us to have this baby. I pray he is right.
5. I'm loving not going to work. It's so nice to be home. I will admit though that I'm a little bored. I know that will change once I'm feeling better. It's just hard right now because I don't feel good enough to do much. Heck, I haven't even been grocery shopping in like 4 weeks. It's pretty ridiculous. DH has just been stopping at the store on the way home from work. I look around my house and see this disaster that I can't bring myself to clean. I keep apologizing to DH because I feel bad. He goes to work all day and then has to come home to a messy house and he is having to do the shopping. He's doing everything around here. He keeps saying he doesn't mind. He says my only responsibility is to take care of Sweet Pea...he can handle the rest. Have I mentioned how blessed I am? Because I really am!
6. I'm thinking about trying to teach myself how to sew. I've always wanted to and I even have a sewing machine. I would love to make things for our little one. Any suggestions on books to help me learn?
7. DH and I are going to a Rays baseball game tomorrow. We aren't huge baseball fans (even though I played softball for 15 years) but I think we will have fun. It will be nice to get out of the house. We bought the tickets awhile back before I was pregnant. We are going with our neighbors who we always go to USF Bulls football games with. I guess it's USF night at the Trop so we got a huge discount on the tickets. Should be fun...as long as there aren't any weird smells around to make me sick.
Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
7 months ago



I promise you will turn a corner sooner and feel so much better. Glad the meds are working and your dh is so understanding. He is right, you only have one job, and you won't feel like this forever. Hang in there, we are praying for you and sweet pea! It is def difficult to give over our pregnancies to God; the reading recently at church about Abraham and first born (and only at that time)...I can't even imagine!
ReplyDeleteYour recent posts are making me appreciate the second trimester! And I mean that in the nicest way possible!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better (and stop worrying!).
Oh, those pregnancy hormones! This, too, shall pass. It's rough though when you feel like you are losing your mind/memory.
ReplyDeleteAsk Sew about sewing!! I tried once or twice... disaster! I am not crafty at all. Sigh. You will no doubt do great!