The Good...
So yesterday I was kneeling at Mass. I had my hands on my belly and I was praying for Gods protection for this little gift inside me. I was asking him to help Dh and I to be good, loving and faithful parents. I was asking for His blessings to be on our little family. And then I felt it! I felt a lite tickle right under my bellybutton. I thought, there is no way that could have been sweet pea. No way! So I just knelt there very still and asked God to help me feel it again if it really was him. Sure enough, there it was. It was like tiny little bubbles or little flutters. It was the coolest feeling ever! I still can not believe God has blessed me with this little life. It is so amazing and I feel so unworthy.
The Bad...
I'm apparently allergic to something in the PIO. I've always had tons of allergies, and I've been known to develop new ones from time to time. Well I guess this was no exception. A out a month ago I noticed the welts from the shots were getting bigger and lasting longer. Hen they started to get really itchy. Each time we did them it got worse and worse. Last time the welt was about double the size of a quarter. You can still see it a d it still itches more than a week later. Last week I finally talked to a nurse at PPVI and she spoke with Dr. H. He said to stop them immediately! He was getting worried that I may go into shock ( I was also developing a rash down my legs). Unfortunately my progesterone from 11 weeks was only at 23.8 so I need to still have some sort of supplementation. I haven't gotten my 13 week results back yet but I can't imagine that it's gone up much. The nurse gave me the option of the vaginal suppositories or the oral ones. Um...is that even really a choice? I'll take the oral ones thankhouverymuch! She said I still need the compounded ones because they seem to work better and my levels are pretty low. $90 for a months supply from Kubats! Sheesh! Hopefully they work!
The Ugly...
I'll be 14 weeks on Wednesday, Friday if you ask my doctor. I thought this puking business was supposed to be getting better, nit worse! A few weeks ago I thought I was getting better. I guess I spoke too soon. Lately I have felt worse than I have felt this whole pregnancy. I haven't kept a thing down in over a week. I'm even waking up in the middle of the night having to throw up. Seriously? It waking me from my sleep? That's insane! I've tried everything Unser the sun and even the prescription my doctor gave me isn't working. It's exhausting! Dh and I tried to go out for the day on Saturday but ended up turning around because he was having to pull over every few minutes. I'm praying I get some relief from this soon! I feel guilty because I feel like without keeping food down I'm not giving baby the nutrition s/he needs. I have an appointment today. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it. Hopefully this doctor has an idea none of the others have thought about.
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
7 months ago



Hooray about feeling the baby! Ugh I hope the oral supplements work out better for you!
ReplyDeleteI said a prayer that your doctor has something for the nausea!
Between the migraines and the vomiting, you need a break!
Karen!!! Ahh! Isn't that first tickle amazing?? It only gets better and better (but then I hear it gets worse-I'm not there yet though)
ReplyDeleteI'm so, so sorry for all the frustration with the PIO and the sickness. God must really want you to be a suffering soul for this little baby.
I am so sorry the morning sickness is getting worse. I hope your doc has an option that is helpful!
ReplyDelete