So after my little tirade the other morning I decided not to say much else that day about the whole alarm situation. However, whenever K would ask me how I was feeling I would always reply "tire," hoping he would get the hint. Then it dawned on my that I'm usually tired so this was nothing unusual.
The next morning the same thing happened. I nearly reached across K and grabbed his alarm and threw it across the room. I decided to restrain myself though. I'm am so not a nice person when my sleep is disturbed. It's not something I'm proud of but a person needs sleep!
After I finally got back to sleep I got a text from my sister at 7:30am. This has been happening a lot lately and I've got a whole post about what's going on there but that's for another day. I nearly chucked my phone across the room. I decided not to respond to her because I was afraid I wouldn't be nice.
So I got my exhausted tush out of bed and decided that I seriously needed to get grocery shopping done. It took a few hours but I finally got out of the house. This is sad, but grocery shopping zapped whatever little energy I had right out of me. I got home, put things away (well almost everything, there is still a few things on the counter) and plopped my but on the couch feeling like I was going to fall over.
DH called me on his way home so I decided I should attempt to cook dinner. I had a specific meal in mind that is easy and only takes about 30 minutes in the oven. I searched through my recipe stash because I couldn't remember exactly how to make it. Of course I couldn't find it. I hadn't made in in a really long time so I wasn't 100% positive how to make it. That's when I lost it.
By the time K got home I was sitting on the kitchen floor sobbing. No, it never crossed my mind that I should just make something different. Then I just unloaded on him. I told him everything that was swimming around in my head. It was a lot and I want to talk about some of it with you ladies but I'll bring that up another day. I have a feeling I'm not alone in some of my feelings. I sobbed for a good hour and K ordered us a pizza.
I was feeling a bit better so I decided to bring up the whole sleep situation. K can be pretty sensitive. Sometimes when I bring thins like this up he feels like I'm attacking him. I made sure to explain that this wasn't an attack but a desperate plea. I explained that I really needed his help because the lack of sleep is really beginning to take a serious toll on me. I gave him some ideas that you ladies gave me along with a few that I came up with.
We have decided that he is going to stop drinking caffeine after lunch. Apparently he has been having a cup or two of coffee at work at around 3ish and he often has a diet coke when he gets home. He didn't think it was affecting him, and maybe it's not, but it's worth a shot. He is also no longer setting two alarms. iRejoice confirmed what I had always thought. He sets the second alarm to go off awhile after the first one. He may not realize it but I think it's sort of a crutch. He knows he doesn't have to get up when the first one goes off ten times because there is another one that will start going off later. I have also asked him to keep the tone of his alarm the same and at a louder volume. He uses his phone as his primary alarm and often changes the tone. I just think that's a bad idea. I also feel like he doesn't have the volume up loud enough for him to hear. If he decides to use his actual alarm I asked that it be on a tone rather than the radio. If all of this doesn't work he is going to put his alarm on his dresser so he actually has to get out of bed to turn it off.
I pray all of this works! I really, really don't like screaming at him first thing in the morning. It makes me feel terrible and it's not a good way for either of us to start our day. I also would really prefer not to sleep in another room. I enjoy sleeping next to my husband so much. It makes me feel safe. But if it comes down to it I will. I need sleep. It's not healthy to get so little on a regular basis.
And like Sew mentioned, not all of my sleep issues are pregnancy or husband related. I know my body is screwy and I have never in my life slept well. I've definitely got some adrenal and thyroid issues...and more than likely some cortisol issues too. They are all things I desperately need to get fixed. When you read Sew's stories about the exhaustion she feels regularly, the pain in her neck and head, the mood swings, foggy head, etc. that is me. I feel like she is writing about me. We are hoping that with K's Christmas bonus I will be able to fly to PA to see her saintly doctor. I hope! I hope! I hope!
Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice. I was so scared people would think I was bashing K. I don't ever want people to think that. I love that man and he puts up with a lot from me. :)
And to let you know...K got up with his alarm the first time it went off this morning. I had to nudge him so he could hear it but he got right up. It was glorious!
And Danya, you're right, peeing every two hours isn't normal. I've actually always been like this. Before I was pregnant I would get up twice during the night. I've talked to doctors about it because it seemed a little excessive to me. They never did find anything wrong. I'm thinking that the reason is that I don't sleep soundly. I spend most of the night in this light sleep so I think I just feel it more. I think when you are in deep sleep you don't feel the urge so much. It sucks! I'm hoping that when I get to meet Sew's doc and he helps fix me this will lessen considerably. :)



I find that the whole pee issue is interesting as I am seeing my need for pee in the middle of the night change...But I just want to clarify that is symptomatic per person, I would assume....
ReplyDeleteBut before pregnancy I retained water and continued to retain it but then sometimes I feel like pee like a normal human being, but my consumption for water is out of this world. Maybe not so much, but I go through about 10 gallons every 2 weeks. The only reason I know that is because I go to the store to fill them up....hahahaha That isn't even including bottled water either...hahahaha
OMGOSH! I seriously hope you are my prayer buddy!!! I want to pray you through this bonus! ;)
To date without travel I have only spent on him $570. But I have been in constant contact with him...The travel was about $300 or so more....So all & all it was the best moeny we have spent...Even if we are still "working" things out....I just wanted to give you the cost because it isn't unattainable as in we are speaking thousands and thousands of dollars....I will have another follow up appointment with him at the end of December before delivery and they are about $150 (30minutes)
Just wanted to give you that to chew on just incase you were thinking it was more... ;)
Anyway, if you want to email me I can give you his website. There is a lot of good information on there....
I don't want to hound you but he is the most calm patient person I have ever met. He has really good relaxing vibes....hahaha But he isn't a hippy! He is well put together and professional! ;)
Oh and I'm so familiar with your breakdown in the kitchen...
ReplyDeleteThere have been days when I have sobbed in my bed, crying to God for help because the fatigue and pain are so intense...
I seriously am still shocked that underneath all of this I can still say I would do it all over again, it has just been the most demanding thing I've ever been through on a physical level. The two surgeries were pretty bad too. But this is so different on such a different level outside of pregnancy.
And I think people think I'm crazy when I say this is not pregnancy. I swear I feel it with ever fiber in my being this is not pregnancy. It is not a disability, it should not take you out for months on end etc...I think the pregnancy part has been easy and I can do that all day but it is trying to play two major hormones that delicately balance one another in my human fraility is the major problem.
Sorry...confessions of sew here....but I so get you and understand. There are not many people who get me on this level! ;) Not even sure my DH can fully understand. I have even asked him numerious times. you actually wake up out of bed with a steady steam of energy and can go all day long? I don't understand that? I can't understand that on a normal basis....
:) I'll stop now....
Sew: Sony apologize! It's so nice to talk to someone who gets it! It's hard to explain to people the pain. I try to explain it to dh, and he tries so hard to understand, but I know he can't. How can you if you've never experienced it?
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving me an idea of cost. I was thinking way more! His bonus should definitely be able to cover it. I'm so excited about the thought of even getting to see him! I have cried to many doctors for so long only to be told that nothing is wrong with me. Um...I'll be 28 in a few weeks. His is not normal for 28 year olds! I've barely gotten off the couch today. I hate being this lazy! Hate it! I have the desire to do so much but my body won't let me. I just pray that I can handle it when Mary-Grace gets here. I'm terrified.
Will you email me his website? ktmathewson at gmail dot com. I think I lost your email address.
I haven't heard anything about prayer buddies yet. Has someone posted and I missed it?
It sounds like you really needed that good cry on the kitchen floor. Those can be powerful!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he woke up this morning and hope it only gets better from here!