Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

As I sit here and type this my house is filled with the smell of Jim.my De.an Sage Sausage that I just browned for my famous dressing (stuffing).  Yes it's famous...among my family at least.  I've got 5lbs of potatoes sitting on my counter waiting to be cut and boiled for mashed potatoes.  And, there is the first stage of Pione.er Woma.n's Pumpkin Cream Pie is chilling in the fridge.  Thanksgiving Day is a mere 11 hours away and I am finding myself so thankful for all of the blessings God has bestowed on me, especially in the last year.

* It was on Thanksgiving just last year that my infertility became known to my family.  It didn't exactly come out in a way I would have chosen but it still came out.  After years of hiding it, it was a relief to feel like I didn't have this huge secret anymore.  After that I felt like so many of my family came together to support me.  Especially my sister S and my Nana.  Sure, there were still hurtful things said, but it was mostly out of ignorance.

* This brings me to something I believe I've said before.  I am thankful for my infertility journey.  It brought me closer to God than I ever could have imagined.  I believe it played a big role in helping me to come to the Catholic Church.  It brought my husband and I closer than ever and taught us so much about each other.

* I am thankful for my sweet little daughter Mary-Grace.  I cannot wait to meet her!  I am reminded everyday as I continue to take my Pro.gesterone that she is a miracle.  I've said it before, Dr. G is in shock that I actually conceived when I did.  My labs were not looking good in the month leading up to her conception.  There is absolutely no reason for this pregnancy other than one of God's many miracles.

* I am thankful for the kicks I am now feeling in my belly.  I have felt tickles since about 13 weeks but hadn't felt a real kick.  I was hoping every day to feel those little feet but didn't have much hope as several of my doctors and ultrasound techs have told me that I have an anterior placenta.  But then on Saturday I finally felt it.  I was at the retreat I mentioned last week when we were asked to go off in silence, alone, for 2 hours and just listen to what God wanted to tell us.  I found a nice shady spot under a tree by a lake.  After about an hour I decided to lie down in the grass.  Not seconds later I felt it, 3 strong kicks.  At first I wasn't sure it was for real so I put my hand on my belly and just waited.  Sure enough, she did it again.  I think she was having a little party in there because it went on for several minutes.  Every day she kicks more and more and K was finally able to feel it on Monday.  The look on his face made my heart melt.

* I'm thankful for my wonderful, amazing, priceless, handsome, strong, caring, sensitive, loving, protective, man of God husband.  Did I use enough adjectives? :)  I knew he was amazing when I met him, but over the past year our relationship has grown to a new level.  A level I never though possible with any other human.

*  I am thankful for a roof over my head.  I tend to complain about our house a lot.  It's small and not what I would choose.  We bought at the top of the boom and we could now buy 3 times the house for what we paid for this one.  Our plan was to only be here for 5 years and then buy a bigger "forever" home.  Unfortunately that is not going to happen.  This upcoming March will be 5 years since K closed and we will definitely be here for several more years.  Like so many we are upside down.  But you know what, we still have it.  With all of the people losing their house to foreclosure we are very fortunate.

* I am thankful that K is getting busy at work again.  He is a Civi.l Engin.eer so his job relies greatly on the housing market.  If people are building he doesn't have work.  In the last two years we have seen his small company of about 100 people go down to about 24.  We were getting very very nervous.  But, it looks as though things are turning up and for that truly thankful.

* I am thankful for my family.  As dysfunctional as they may be they are awesome and crazy and I love them!

* I am so, so, so thankful for my faith.  If you would have asked me when I got married if I though I would convert I would have thought you were nuts.  In fact I would have told you if I had my way K would convert. And boy did I work hard to try to work that one.  Of course that never happened, it only pushed K to grow in his faith and that ultimately helped me to grow in my new found faith.  God sure does have a sense of humor. :)

* I am also so thankful for all of you ladies.  You have truly been a blessing my my life.  You all have made these last several months so much more bearable.

There is so much more that I am thankful for.  I feel so blessed to be living the life that I am.  God has been so good to me, such and undeserving person.

I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Love your list! MMM your stuffing sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!!! What a perfect way to go into Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Thanksgiving was great! That's great that M-G is finally doing real kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! You definately have a lot to be thankful for! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I really do...they make me giddy! :)