Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recipes

A few of you requested my crock pot recipes so here you go.

Sweet & Sour Chicken
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3/4 c. ketchup
  • 1/2 c. white vinegar
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • red pepper flakes to taste
  • 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use frozen chicken.  At my grocery store you can buy a bag of all natural (no hormone/antibiotic chicken).  I just use however many breasts are in the bag)
  • 1 can pineapple chunks, drained (If the fresh pineapple looks good I prefer fresh but in the winter I get the canned)
Place Chicken in the crock pot (no need to defrost).  In a bowl mix melted butter, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, and chicken broth.  Pour over chicken.  Cook on low for about 8ish hours.  When the chicken is done I like to pull it out and shred it with a fork.  Place the shredded chicken back in the crock pot and add the pineapple.  Cook for an additional 20 minutes.  I then serve it over rice.

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I haven't tried this one yet but my sister has made a similar one (Pau.la De.an I believe).  The recipe suggests using skim milk, and fat free condensed milk...I don't believe in fat free dairy...it just doesn't make sense to me so I will be using whole.  And like I said in my previous post.  If I have some leftover ham from my soup tonight and sandwiches on Thursday I'll be adding that to the recipe.  I also tend to serve broccoli with mac&cheese.  It just goes together if you ask me. :)
http://whiskandaprayer.blogspot.com/2010/08/magazinecookbook-monday-slow-baked-mac.html

 Crock Pot Lasagna


I also found this one on Pinterest.
http://gottalittlespacetofill.blogspot.com/2010/05/crock-pot-lasagna.html

Lentil Soup

I know this isn't a crock pot recipe but it's really good and easy.

  • 1 1lb package lentils
  • 2 10oz cans chicken broth
  • 1/2lb ham
  • 1 10oz can stewed tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • 2 c. water
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (I often leave this out for some reason)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • black pepper to taste
Wash lentils and drain.  Coarsely chop ham and onions.  Heat olive oil in a large soup pot with lid and saute onion until golden.  Add all other ingredients and stir.  Cook covered on low heat for at least 1 hour (It's better if you go longer).

This makes quite a bit of soup.  Sometimes the leftovers thicken up a lot.  If they do you can add more broth or serve it over rice.

I can't find my Santa Fe Chicken recipe. :(  Hopefully I'll find it before I'm supposed to make it.)  But it goes something like this...

1 bag of frozen chicken
1 Can black beans drained and rinced (I actually usually do 2 cans because we really like black beans.)
1 bag frozen corn
1 can Rot.el
Salt & Pepper to taste
Red Pepper to taste
Chopped Greed Onions
Shredded Cheese

Throw chicken, beans, corn, rotel, and spices in the crock pot on low for 8ish hours.  Serve over rice topped with cheese and green onions.

Let me know if you try any of these.  I hope you like them. :)


4 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, you've got me so hungry now :)
    I just started to "pin" things this week and man am I hooked! Like I need another site to waste time on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm going to try some of these! And I agree about the dairy thing...what's the point? Use the full fat baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dh is all about wanting me to plan the meals out. He is a planner. I am not:) ha. But if you plan and post your plans, you will save me! hahahha. Keep it up! These sound delicious and I am soooo copying you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, you need to add me to your side bar "Ladies I Love" :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I really do...they make me giddy! :)