Back in 2009 a my friend's niece was diagnosed with a very rare form of stage 5 neuroblastoma. She was only 2.5 years old. The doctors explained that her chances were extremely extremely low. Bella, was strong and fought very hard. Her parents flew her back and forth from our children's hospital to one in New York regularly. Miraculously, after many treatments, a lot of them experimental, Bella went into remission. She has been cancer free for some time now (I believe over a year). Sadly, this week the discovered a 4cm tumor in her neck. After further tests they have now found several masses in her liver. Back when Bella was diagnosed, her parents were told that if she ever did go into remission and the cancer returned, her chances of surviving would be even less. They explained that when cancer returns it returns bigger and stronger.
Bella and her parents are heading to New York to find out what the next step is.
I cannot imagine what they are going through. I have been in tears since hearing the news. As parents we do everything in our power to protect our babies...we cannot protect them from this. It is gut wrenching.
Please, please pray for Bella and her family.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone so please excuse they typos. My phone thinks it's smarter than me.
Long overdue final update (such a good one)!
6 months ago



Praying!!
ReplyDeleteKaren, I am so sorry. I am praying!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am heartbroken. I am so sorry. I will pray.
ReplyDeleteWe will pray for them all!
ReplyDelete