Thursday, May 17, 2012

Motherhood


I endured years of heartache, painful shots, expensive pills, procedures, and tests.

I cried, rejoiced, and shook with excitement and nervousness as I saw those two pink lines...twice.

I sobbed with fear as I thought I was losing one of them.

I carried them in my womb for 39 and 41 weeks.

I pushed them out of my body after 72 and 8 hours of labor.

I snuggled their squishy, gooey, naked bodies against my own when they first entered this world.

I stared at them and marveled at God's creation and goodness trying to savor each moment of the miracle that I was blessed to be a part of.

I watched my amazing and loving husband as he became a daddy and cut their cords.

I cried through the first few weeks of brestfeeding both of them as I felt pain and frustration.

I rejoiced as I realized that we finally got this!

I walk around smelling like sour milk with stains on my shirts.

I have purple battle scares on my belly that proves they once lived inside.

I am less tone and have wider hips from them growing in my tummy.

I haven't spent more than an hour on my own in 14 months.

I have spent and still spend many nights with little sleep as I wake to feed and comfort my babies.

I have stayed awake to stare at them, just to make sure they are breathing.

I stare at their beautiful blue eyes, and try to figure out what features they get from which one of us.

I drive all over creation to go to the best pediatrician, get the right foods, and the best supplements.

I do things that I swore I would never do when I had kids.

I smile and rejoice as my oldest learns to walk.  I laugh as she dances to any music that she hears.

I giggle at the faces they both make.  Especially my littlest, she's a sassy one.

I pray for them daily and wonder about who they will become in the coming years.

I pray for myself, that I will be the mother He wants me to be.

I thank God for the gifts they are because I know I do not deserve them.


8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! They are blessed to have YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I agree with Kaitlin-your little girls have a special mama. :) They are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I'm all tears... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. If we could remember this even in the not so great times:) MG looks HUGE next to Hannah! My word! So, we will be arriving in Orlando Sept 29 and leaving October 5. I can totally plan an extra day before or after if you want to meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! This made me so happy to read. Praising God for your beautiful baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did somebody catch some zzzzz's??? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I really do...they make me giddy! :)