Friday, June 24, 2011

Quick Takes

1. My niece Olivia is out of the NICU!  She's actually been home for a week now.  I did a post all about it from a blogger app on my phone but I guess it didn't post.  Weird!  Thank you all for all of your prayers.  She is doing wonderful and my sister is so happy to have her home.  Olivia's big brothers are pretty happy to have her home too! :)

2.  I need to post MG's 3 month post.  She was 3 months on Tuesday.  I can't seem to get my thoughts together to post it.  I feel like I'm always so behind on them.  I tend to get pretty emotional writing them...that probably has something to do with it.

3.  Last Thursday (June 16th) my wonderful husband turned 30!  I can't believe we are that old now.  Well I'm not that old.  I still have a year and a half to be that old. :)  He was only 19 when we met.  It's just crazy to me that we've been together that long.  He requested his favorite meal (pineapple fried rice with chicken) which I made...and totally ruined.  I never ruin meals.  NEVER!  I don't have many talents, but I can cook.  I'm not sure what went wrong with this.  He ate it and kept telling me it was good but I ate it too and it wasn't.  I felt terrible.  We had planned on taking MG on a short weekend getaway to celebrate but it's not looking like it's going to pan out.  I'm working on trying to throw together a little surprise get together for him next Friday.  I hope it all works out.  I really want to do something special for him.

This is a little blurry (iphone pic) but MG wanted to tell daddy happy birthday. :)
 4.  My best friend is finally an American citizen!  She has lived here for 22 years and just finally took the test.  Wahoo!  She's being sworn in this upcoming Thursday and we will be having a "Tacky Red, White, and Blue" party for her the following Saturday.  Awesome!  We are all supposed to dress obnoxiously patriotic.  I can't wait!  It should be so much fun!

Here S is with MG at the hospital.

5.  I've decided my boobs are going to be at my knees in a few years.  Haha!  I can't believe I just posted that on the internet.  Since MG came along I have given up on wearing bras.  I've been wearing nursing tanks which have those built in bra things but that can't be enough support.  I have one nursing bra but I hate it.  I only wear it when my tanks are all dirty.  I've been searching all over creation for a comfortable nursing bra that isn't a bazillion dollars and can't find one.  I hate wires so that's my biggest problem.  I'm probably going to regret this in a few years.

6.  We went to K's best friend's little girl's 2nd birthday party 2 weeks ago.  While we were there they announced that they are expecting baby number 2.  I wasn't prepared for the feelings that overcame me.  I was very shocked at how jealous I got.  I told K about it when we left and he said he felt the same way.  Thinking back over the day I think a few factors played into these feelings.  One is that they perfectly planned their first child and then waited the expected 2 years and perfectly planned their 2nd child.  Apparently she got pregnant first month trying.  The kicker, her husband is a pilot so he is gone all the time.  You would think that the timing would just make that hard.  Then to make the day more fun they announced that if it was a boy they were done.  Isn't that perfect.  Another one of K's friend's wife is also pregnant with number 2 and she said after this one they are done.  Another couple there who has 2 said they are done.  Numerous people asked us if we are going to be having more and how many.  When we said we hope so and however many we are blessed with we were looked at like complete crazies.  The kicker...K's best friend and the couple that already has 2 are all Catholic.  And what's even more fun is that the wife of the couple with 2 kids said she loves being pregnant but they just can't afford more so she's thinking about being a surrogate.  It just made me so sad at how easy it is for these couples and yet how they don't view that as a gift.  I know that I am so blessed to have my little girl but I don't think you can just turn off the infertile mindset.  I thought that when I got pregnant all of the wounds would just magically be healed.  So not true.  So not true.

7.  I've got to figure out a way to make some friends.  I had a bit of a nervous breakdown this week complete with big time sobbing.  Sure, I have friends, not a lot but a handful of really good ones.  The problem, they all work.  The days are starting to get really lonely.  Last year when I would get lonely I would head over to my Nana's house.  Well, I can't do that anymore.  I told K that it's hard to go all day and not talk to anyone day after day after day.  I feel terrible for feeling this way.  I have everything I ever wanted.  My dream was to be a stay at home mom.  So why can't I just embrace it?  I wasn't prepared for the loneliness.  I'm pretty shy so I struggle making friends always have.  My two best friends are from high school so it was easier.  I don't even know where to begin and how to do it.  I feel like such a dork even saying that.  I've been looking for mommy groups in my area but can't seem to find them.  I'd really like to make some Catholic friends too.  My church has a few things but they are more for moms of toddlers.  K thinks I should look into them anyway.  Any suggestions?  I told him I just need to move all of you down to Florida.  He laughed at me. :)

Have a lovely lovely weekend lovely ladies!

4 comments:

  1. So glad your niece is out of the NICU!----and LOL about your boobs hanging down to your knees!....nursing tanks are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so glad your niece is doing well, and that your friend is now a citizen ~ the party idea sounds great.

    I also live in nursing tanks, but also use Motherhoods Maternity sleep bras ~ not expensive and no wires.

    Finally, hugs ~ It is hard for me to make friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a cheap nursing bra from target and just ripped the wire out of it. Perfect!

    And yes-you should still check out the toddler group. At that age-it's probably more for the moms than for the kids anyway.

    -Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up here since Nelson is sleeping for a change:)

    I totally feel the "looking for new friends" deal. I have 2 very close friends who do not work but alas, they are not Catholic or Homeschool friends so I do long for a larger group of women who share more of my interests. And I've found in trying to make new friends, things get in the way quickly. Like naptimes! No Mother is going to sacrifice a kid's nap to go hang out (even me). So I'm searching for someone in a similar stage of ilfe as I am and it's hard. So glad your nice is out of the hospital and home and doing better. I love MG"s cheeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I really do...they make me giddy! :)